Coconut Creek, Florida
Type of Requirement: Ordinance
City Manager’s Office
4800 West Copans Road
Coconut Creek, FL 33063
Karen Brooks, City Manager
Email Karen | 954.973.6720
The Code establishes that all development, redevelopment, remodeling, or conversion projects that are greater than twelve thousand five hundred (12,500) square feet in gross floor area and are in non-residential zoning districts are subject to a mandatory public art requirement. Public works; utilities projects; and remodeling, repair or reconstruction of structures which have been damaged by fire, flood, wind, earthquake, hurricane or other disaster are excluded from the requirement.
Projects may fulfill the requirement by providing on-site artwork that is accessible and readily visible to the public. At minimum, seventy-five percent (75%) of the total value of the artwork(s) shall be placed in areas that are clearly visible from the public sidewalk or public space. The minimum value of the art shall be fifty cents ($0.50) per square foot of estimated gross floor area or twenty-five cents ($0.25) per square foot of an area being remodeled. The developer shall have up to six (6) months after issuance of the building permit to obtain approval of the proposed artwork, and up to six (6) months after the issuance of a certificate of occupancy to install artwork. The value of the artwork shall be as follows:
- Equal or greater than fifty cents ($0.50) per square foot of estimated gross floor area for new developments; or
- Equal to or greater than twenty-five cents ($0.25) per square foot of estimated gross floor area being remodeled or converted in remodeling and conversion projects.
Alternatively, the development may satisfy the requirement by contributing to the City’s Public Art Fund at the time of issuance of a building permit. The value of the in-lieu fee shall be as follows:
- Forty cents ($0.40) per square foot of estimated gross floor area for new developments; or
- Twenty cents ($0.20) per square foot of estimated gross floor area being remodeled or converted in remodeling and conversion projects.
“Floating Pier at Tradewinds Park Lake Coconut Creek Florida” by Captain Kimo is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0.
- There are no additional documents for this city.